Saturday, May 9, 2009

a week without sundrop

I'm leaving in the morning for ROCKBRIDGE, baby. Which is this amazing place with amazing food, amazing people, and amazing God. Oh, and amazing worship. It's basically the best place you could go for a week after school gets out, even at the cost of no Sun Drop for a week.

To give you an idea of the week ahead (if you want to skip to around 51 seconds or so, that's when the good stuff starts):





In all seriousness, though. If I can say it, Rockbridge always feels small pieces of what it will be like in heaven. The week is spent focused on God--learning more about him and his word, crazy amazing worship (even in other languages!). And just spending time with other people seeking after him. I feel like I'm in a little bit of a slump lately. Sometimes I'm just so excited about God and other times I'll go all day and it will hardly cross my mind--I've been better about that this last year, it feels like. I know that we're cyclical and I certainly, certainly am, and that's okay. So the points in between the high points have been less... I don't know how to say--the points just aren't as extreme. I'm positive I'll be working at this until the day I die, but consistency is slowly coming. And all that is to say that this week will be good. I'm looking forward to just focusing on God and being with people who also are, people I care about.

And to getting launched to kingdom come again. So if I don't decide never to leave and I survive all the craziness, in a week--

1 comment: