Saturday, March 19, 2011

quote-of-the-day

"'I thought,' she said, 'that I was carried in the will of Him I love, but now I see that I walk with it. I thought that the good things he sent me drew me into them as the waves lift the islands; but now I see it is I who plunge into them with my own legs and arms, as when we go swimming. I feel as if I were living in that roofless world of yours where men walk undefended beneath naked heaven. It is a delight with terror in it! One's own self to be walking from one terror to another, walking beside Him as Himself may walk, not even holding hands. How has he made me so separate from Himself? How did it enter his mind to conceive such a thing? The world is so much larger than I thought. I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.'"
--from Perelandra, C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment