Friday, March 6, 2009

two-fold on north korea

First, a quote:

"They're talking about partial nuclear disarmament, which is also like talking about partial circumcision.. you either go all the way or forget it."
--Robin Williams

Second:

North Korea's trying to test another missile. And I am fuming. Seriously? Does anyone remember the last time they tried to do that? The Japanese were pissed. And I would have been pretty pissed too. Don't even get me started on North Korea. I can't even imagine being a North Korean citizen, or is that a misnomer? Agh. What I'm talking about is Kim Jong-il, and what I'm talking about is human rights (read: the lack of). And I don't know what it makes me want to do.

I'm not talking about coming in with Western ideals, nor am I talking about going in and saying Jesus is gonna overthrow Communism. What I'm talking about is people and rights and life. Honestly, who am I to say? But here's what I think: while that government is busy reassuring itself that it's the best in all things, look at the people. And how meanwhile the money is going to fund nuclear weapons, among other things. And even as I type that I know how close to home that hits for the States, in some ways.

I just don't know. I am pissed. I don't like nuclear weapons. And I hate injustice even more. And I don't know what to do with this. What do you do?

Seriously. What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment