Sunday, December 19, 2010

painting on a rainy day





Second attempt at painting since middle school. If you turn it sideways and cover up the words it kind of looks like something out of Lord of the Ring (at least to me). The other attempt today was supposed to be a hurricane (but made of light?) but my friend mistook it for "birth from the baby's point of view." So no painting number two on here.

Something I've discovered, though. I don't really care much about painting actual things, I just like colors. But I'll tell you, it's the most engrossing thing I've done in a long time. So we'll see.

4 comments:

  1. totally accidental :) but it was a nice surprise when i looked at it sideways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! You should paint a bunch of them, get a local gallery to host you, and sell them to raise money for Romania...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! and hrmm, that is an idea. i wonder if i could really do something like that? it's funny though, i've found that once i paint them i become quite attached... i did one for my mom for christmas and i'm still trying to give it to her (she hasn't seen it so it isn't because it's that bad, haha). it's like when you're being edited, you know? and someone tries to take out that one line and you go into panic mode because that changes the WHOLE THING and it's your baby and all that. ;)

    ReplyDelete