Friday, March 15, 2013

taking out the trash

Did a bunch of cleaning in the apartment which meant a few hours after starting, I was carrying three grocery bags of trash down to the dumpsters, mostly full of two liter bottles. (Yes, I know, I would rather be recycling but I don't have the first idea of where to do it here. I do reuse the bags for more trash when they're not filled with the gross kind--maybe that's worse, but it's helpful.)

Anyway, as I was emptying the bags, holding my breath because the dumpsters smell really bad, I could feel that someone was watching me. Looked to my right and about ten feet away a homeless guy was watching what I was doing. Finished, walked across the street wondering if he would go behind me and thinking about what exactly had been in the bags, and then watched him from beside a car. And he did, he went through it. In the end the only thing he pulled out was a small empty Coke bottle from back in November.

Not a good feeling at all. Really feeling my privilege and wealth right about now (particularly as I'm blogging about it). What to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment