Sunday, May 9, 2010

home

Well, I feel like I'm on the edge of death, so maybe this won't be so long a post, but the last few days have been a hurricane. It was touch and go for a while, my mom and brother coming down for my graduation, I mean. And somewhere in there one of my roommates got me sick so yesterday I had a fever something like four degrees higher than it normally is. The weirdest part about that was I was just in another world with it, my brain was doing crazy things. And so I had to drive to my hometown to go to a funeral visitation with people I sort of lived with (sometimes) growing up and being there felt like a whole different life. Like some dream I'd forgotten about and remembered halfway through the day. This is where I came from? This is where I came from.

Out of everything though, out of graduating and some sort of fever-induced road hypnosis, a few brief hours someplace that was home in the most initial way, there was also home in the sense of "home is whenever I'm with you." What I mean is:


And so I'm headed to Virginia in the morning for a week of Rockbridge. Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment